Tue, May 23|
4th CleverGuard Consortium meeting
Join the event in our beautiful city of Rome! This face-to-face event is a key milestone in our joint project, and gives the opportunity to share, discuss, brainstorm, plan, and do. Please make sure you attend the full event. In case of any special requests, do not hesitate to contact us!
Time & Location
May 23, 9:00 AM GMT+2 – May 24, 2:00 PM GMT+2
Roma, Via Ardeatina, 306/354, 00179 Roma RM, Italy
About the event
Below you can find the info pack for traveling to Rome for our CLEVERGUARD consortium meeting. Please, be advised that the dates fall within the tourist season, so book your rooms as early as possible.
We remain at your disposal for any questions and assistance needed.
Looking forward to meeting you in Rome!!!
Materials and Costs
arranged and paid by the individual participants
- travel to/from the airport
- transfer from the airport to the hotel
- hotel booking and payment
- local public transport
- meals and catering other than the ones listed below
arranged and paid by the Italian organizer (FSL)
- conference facilities
- coffee break, lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday
- dinner on Tuesday
Meeting minutes and file storage:
Please, file all your preparatory materials, meeting minutes, and pictures on our project cloud.
Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS – Rome, Italy Via Ardeatina, 306
Secondary Entrance of the Foundation: Vicolo dell’Annunziatella through Viale Londra.
Nerisa: 0039-0651501193; firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two international airports:
- 1- Giovan Battista Pastine (Ciampino)
- 2- Leonardo Da Vinci (FIUMICINO)
Getting to Rome
- Both are well connected to the center, but the second one also has a railway connection
- (Fiumicino-Termini -> ticket 8 Euro).
- Shuttle buses are every 30 minutes (Ciampino-Rome -> ticket 5 Euro; Fiumicino-Rome -> ticket 6 Euro).
- The taxi cost is around 50 euros.
How to reach us:
From Termini Station
- Route 1: Take Metro A to stop San Giovanni; continue with Bus 218 from stop Magna Grecia to stop Ardeatina
- Route 2: Take Metro B to stop Piramide; continue by bus 769 from stop Via Ostiense to stop Viale Londra (bus line terminus)
- Route 3: Take Metro B to stop San Paolo; continue with Bus 769 from stop viale Giustiniano Imperatore to stop Viale Londra (bus line terminus)
From Fiumicino Airport
- Route 1: Take RegionalTrain FL1 (Ferrovie dello Stato) to Ostiense Station; continue with bus 769 from stop Piazzale dei Partigiani to stop Viale Londra
- Route 2: Take the non stop Leonardo Express Train to Termini Station; then follow the above directions(“From Termini Station”).
From Ciampino Airport:
Take RegionalTrain FL4 (Ferrovie dello Stato) to Termini Station; then follow the above directions"From Termini Station".
From Laurentina Subway Station:
Take bus 764 from stop Via Laurentina to stop Viale Londra (bus line terminus).
It needs to be booked by the participants!
Rome is a big city, and even the Hospital is not far from the center (around 30 minutes by taxi), you should decide where to book your hotel based on what you prefer to do on those days. There are three possibilities:
- choose a place in the center of Rome, but then you have to change at least twice(subway + bus) to get to the Hospital or take a taxi (about 30 minutes).
- choose a place near the Hospital (but there is not much to do and see in the neighborhood).
- choose a place between the center and the Hospital so you can arrive quite quickly by bus (20 min) or by taxi. In this case, book a place near"Basilica di San Paolo" (metroB-subway) or "San Giovanni" (metroA-subway). In both cases, it's possible to reach the center by subway and the hospital by bus (769 from Basilica San Paolo or 218 from San Giovanni).
Keep in mind that Rome is one of the world's most congested cities and that traffic is limited in most of central Rome, usually on weekdays and on Friday and Saturday nights.
Hotel proposal for the meeting:
- Antica Locanda Palmieri https://www.booking.com/Share-ksvIEA
- Barcelo Aran Mantegna https://www.tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187791-d655605-Reviews-Barcelo_Aran_Mantegna-Rome_Lazio.html?m=19905
- Hotel Orto di Roma https://www.tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187791-d291685-Reviews-Hotel_Orto_di_Roma-Rome_Lazio.html?m=19905
See further tips here:
- 112 POLICE
- 113 POLICE, PUBLIC EMERGENCY AID
- 115 FIREFIGHTERS
- 117 FINANCE POLICE
- 118 MEDICAL EMERGENCY, AMBULANCE
- Link with different options for those arriving by plane: https://www.turismoroma.it/en/page/plane
- Link how to get around the city by taxi: https://www.turismoroma.it/en/node/18690
- Link how to get a round the city by tram, bus, metro: https://www.turismoroma.it/en/node/18688
- How to reach us: https://www.hsantalucia.it/en/travel-directions